A commentary about sports, media, and interpersonal relationships encountered throughout everyday life.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Week 5 Desperation: Ahman Green

I know a lot of fantasy-laden offenses have BYEs this week.  So I decided to take a look in fantasy purgatory and see who no-one owns and who may have a good start in Week 5.

This week, I'm going back to my roots.  When Ahman Green left Seattle and joined the Green Bay Packers, I relied on this bearded-wonder to carry my fantasy squads into the playoffs year-after-year.


This week, Green's ankle is finally healthy enough for real game action.  His first assignment, as Steve Slaton's number two, is the Indianapolis Colts.  The Colts sport one of the worst rush-defenses in the NFL thus far, and I see Green finishing the day with about 30 rushing yards and at least 1 TD (around 9 points in generic fantasy football leagues).

Also, Matt Shaub is out and Sage Rosenfels will be under center for the Texans.  All the more reason to expect Houston to run the ball all-over the Colts lackluster run-stop.

No comments: